Hello everyone! My name is Jyotsna (pronounced Jos-na) however most people know me as Jos. I am in my third year of studies in Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Media Communications double degree.
I’m not exactly sure with what I would like to do once I graduate however I am interested in law reform. I am passionate about many issues, particularly in relation to education, gender and marriage equality, human rights and animal rights. I am also fascinated by the powerful role of the media in our society. As Jess C.Scott puts it, ‘people are sheep. TV is the shepherd’. Sometimes I question whether this society is really real or is it simply a construction of the media? Are we merely dolls in the mass media’s doll house?
Anyway, back to my introduction to you all, here is a list of random facts about me:
- I have two cute budgies -Daisy and Timmy. I love them very much and i’d like to think that their attempts of biting me is a form of their love…no?
- I start and end my day with green tea. Yes, I am addicted.
- My favourite band is Coldplay. I also love The Temper Trap, Muse, Green Day, the Chilli Peppers, Lanie Lane, Missy Higgins, Imagine Dragons, The Rubens, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars.
- My favourite book is Yellow Star -Yes it is a book about the Holocaust. I love history and I really enjoy reading historical novels based particularly during the era of World War I and World War II.
- My favourite show is Offspring -although (for those who watch the show), I’m still struggling to deal with Patrick’s death! 😦
- I love winter fashion -coats and boots all the way!
- I struggle to sit and watch movies that are longer than 90 minutes.
- I love cricket -I am Indian after all. My favourite cricketer would have to be the South African bowler, Dale Steyn! Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Daniel Craig!?
- I wish to go on exchange to Germany next year. Ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen. Just for laughs, this meme should summarise the German language for you all:
- I love Thai food nomnomnom.
- I love baking! I’m a little Masterchef at home.
- I have a crush on Tony Jones.
- My favorite comedians would have to be Carl Barron and Russell Peters.
Anyway, i’m looking forward to meeting my fellow BCM students this semester. I’m pretty excited for university this year -I have a feeling it will be a good one 🙂